Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Heart Throb

I decided to do some spinning this weekend as well and got the finished yarn skeined up last night.  It still needs a bath to set the twist, but overall, I am very pleased with how this turned out.  It's about 180 yards of a light worsted weight yarn, navajo plied.  The roving was from Knitted to a T that I purchased at the 2011 Sheep and Fiber Festival.  I am working on spinning through some of my older stash right now to make way for some of the goodies I purchased at the Sheep and Fiber Festival this year.  The roving was a merino/bamboo blend, but I am not sure what the ratio was since the tag didn't have that information on it.  Here's the yarn:
Knit on...

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Wind in the Willows Clue One

So I joined the Wind in the Willows KAL from The Unique Sheep and got my first clue in my email box yesterday.  I went home and finished my run, then sat down to work on the clue.  I had some trouble starting out since anything that lacey on tiny needles in the round gets a bit wonky at first, but overall, I like how it turned out:
Bad picture from early in the morning, but you get the idea.  I can't wait for this to get big enough that I can get it off the DPNs and onto my Karbonz circulars since the points on those are much sharper and will make this much easier to do.  Plus, I won't get the laddering that I am getting a little of in the first clue.

Knit on...

Monday, May 19, 2014

Finished Boneyard

I finished the boneyard shawl on Friday and blocked it out on Saturday after returning from the Sheep and Fiber festival.  I had a good time at the show and came home with a gradience colorway from The Unique Sheep so I could participate in the Wind in the Willows KAL that started on Friday.  I just got the first clue this morning, so I know what I will be knitting tonight.  Anyways, here is the blocking boneyard shawl:
It's still wet in this picture, so it lost all the shimmer, but I am very pleased with how it turned out.  I'll try to get a better picture once it is unpinned.

Knit on...

Monday, May 12, 2014


So I continued my sick knitting on Monday by working on a new project.  I found some Pattons Metallic at Michael's on Saturday morning (about 5 hours before the crud invaded my lungs) and was enamored with the feel and the sheen on the yarn.  At first I thought I would use it for a biased scarf after watching Joan at work make her version of Totally Biased.  I started working on it and decided it needed to be something else, so I searched through patterns on Ravelry.  When I saw Boneyard by Stephen West, I decided it would work lovely with the yarn and be a good knit given that I have enjoyed everything else he has designed that I have worked in the past.  So, without more blabbering, here is the shawl in progress:
Knit on...

New Socks

Well, I came down with a respiratory infection on Saturday night, so I have had a lot of time to just sit around the house and knit given that I haven't felt like doing much of anything else.  I finished up the weaving on Sunday that I posted about already and today, since I had to take off work, I sat on the couch and knit the second sock of a new pair.  Here's the finished sock:
It was the same dye lot, but the socks look very different to me.  Since I don't care too much about my socks really matching exactly stripe for stripe, I'm not too worried about it.

Knit on...

Sunday, May 11, 2014


Hey, everyone.  I actually finished some weaving this weekend that's been on the loom for a while now.  I finished the mate of the red Christmas plaid scarf, and without further ado, here it is:
I crocheted a border on the scarf to hide the long ends that hung out on the side for the color carries.  I really like how it turned out.  I also rather adore how it looks with the red scarf:
Now to figure out what to weave next...

Knit on...or weave on in this case...