Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Fighting With Yarn

The past couple of days, I have spent more time with maroon merino sport weight yarn than I have proof to show for it. Actually, I have no proof at all. That's because all the attempts have been ripped and frogged. Let me give you a timeline of the maroon merino:

Day 1: This will be Jaden! Hooray for lace! 20 minutes later: Uh, yeah, not looking so good here. Color doesn't show off the pattern the way it needs to...
Day 2: This will be Pioneer! Hooray for cables! 20 minutes later: Uh, wow, this doesn't seem to be working well. I'm not too fond of this in a solid color. Rippit...
Day 3: Screw patterns, I'll just cast on and make a simple ribbed pullover! Hooray for simplicity! 20 minutes later: Hm, this is looking a bit big. Oh yeah, I've lost 50 pounds. Should probably cast on fewer stitches...rippit
Today: I'll make this Drops pattern! Hooray for simple and patterned! 20 minutes later: Oh crap, this pattern is written in centimeters. 49 cm across is not going to fit over my boobs. Well, I've lost weight, so let's check. Yep, still have big boobage...rippit...

20 minutes ago, I threw the poor ball of yarn that had been worked into so many incarnations across the room and picked up a fresh ball of yarn and cast on for the bigger size of the sweater. I'm now maybe an inch into the 3x3 ribbing and quite frankly I'm afraid to take a picture of the damn thing because I may end up ripping it out once again.

Argh!

Knit on...and avoid ripping when possible!

No comments: