Sunday, March 07, 2010

A Week of Knitting in Two Pictures

Last week was all about Evenstar for the most part. I had missed working on clue 1 during the first 2 weeks of the KAL due to the Knitting Olympics. So, I began working on the clue on Saturday last week and finished it on Thursday last week, along with clue number 2. Here's the mushy lace so far. It's Malabrigo Lace on Size 4 needles:Not much of a picture, but it's hard to photograph lace on needles that don't allow it to stretch out. After clue 3, I'll see if I can get it on a longer circular and get a decent picture. It's really lovely though and I think it will be quite nice when it's all finished.

After I finished clue 3, I cast on for a Broad Street Mitten. Yep, I've lost track of how many of these I have made now. These are new coteacher presents since I have all new ones this semester and I gave them the choice of socks or mittens. They all chose mittens!This weekend I didn't do any knitting, so I'll be cranking out mittens all this week. Prepare for the mitten parade!

Knit on...

3 comments:

Julia Davies said...

the shawl is looking gorgeous

Yarnwitch said...

oh please tell me what you think of the malabrigo lace. there's a lady telling me it's awful and it felts up quickly, etc. and i just don't want to believe it. please tell me otherwise.

Knitting Magic Girl said...

Ok, my impression of the malabrigo laceweight is this:

1. It's going to pill like all the other malabrigo I've ever worked with and I've noticed it a little on the rows I've had to tink or rip back.

2. It's stronger than it looks and can take quite a beating when it comes to knitting tight stitches.

3. As far as felting goes, I'm going to say that it would felt quickly, which means it has to be treated very gently. Of course, for me, using Malabrigo in general means that I'll be treating the finished object carefully. If you don't mind the pilling (lint shaver takes care of that pretty easy), it's super soft, knits up beautifully, and the colors are incredible. Will require more special care, but to me, it's worth it.