Tuesday, August 03, 2010

And Now For Ishbel

Yep, I finished Ishbel today and she's blocking away on the bed right now. The shawl blocked out much bigger than I had planned, and I didn't even block it to death like I usually do for lace shawls. Anyways, here's the finished shawl:It's certainly not the best blocking job that I've ever done, but it got the basic shape blocked out and will open up the lace enough. I have a feeling that this will be one of my go-to shawls and may end up being washed and blocked back out periodically if it gets as much wear as I think it will.

The pattern was very easy to read and had both charts and written directions. It's a very simple lace pattern, and since the yarn is fingering weight, it works up quickly too.

The yarn I used was Knit Picks Essential Sock yarn. I had three old balls from the batch that was having felting issues a while back before they renamed the yarn Stroll. I decided the yarn would make a very soft, smooshy shawl, and it appears that it did just that!

Knit on...

No comments: