Monday, August 26, 2013

The Great Finishing

So, now that the Tour de Fleece is over, I have set a little goal for myself.  Well, it's a lofty goal, but I do think it is attainable.  I am going to finish all my WIPs by the end of the year, or if I procrastinate, sometime in 2014.

The first WIP that needed to be done was a ruffled scarf that had been on the needles for over 3 months.  It's done now.


Sorry for the crappy picture.  I had dental work done today and I am just not in the mood to try to get anything better than something from the couch right now.

The next WIP that I have finished is the fish pillow made from a latch hook kit I bought almost a year ago.  Fishy fishy is all done now and pillow-fied.


Now I am working fast and furiously on the pleated jacket that I started a while back out of yak fiber.  I finished the back of it and am now working on the left front piece.  Here's the back:
Now, I still have a ton of WIPs left.  Off the top of my head, I have the following to finish:

1. Pleated jacket
2. Dragonfly beaded scarf
3. Fair Isle vest from the Knit Picks kit
4. Butterfly cross stitch
5. Skirt made from a vintage sewing pattern
6. Pair of socks on the needles now.

I will cast on new socks as I finish the ones on the needles.  I need to have a travel project, and lord knows, fair isle and beaded knitting is not nearly as travel friendly as a pair of socks!

Knit on...

No comments: