Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Little Weaving

So I'm not only working on the 50 Knitted Gifts workthrough.  I'm also working on a few other projects, one of which just came off the loom this weekend.  Right after Christmas, I warped the loom with the intention of getting a head start on some Christmas weaving for next year.  I figured I could get two scarves out of the three skeins of yarn, and it looks like I will be able to do so.  Here is the first finished scarf:
I still need to do something about the edge that has the yarn carries from the stripiing, but it's basically done.  I warped the loom with a more white dominant plaid pattern.  It should be about the same look, just swap the red for white in the new one.
I really like how the weave turned out.  I really do like playing with colors, and affter receiving a new shuttle for the loom for Christmas, it has certainly made it much easier to do more than two color weaving.

Knit, or weave rather, on...

No comments: