Thursday, November 12, 2009

Portability

I have run into a conundrum this morning. Turns out that I am low enough on whole skeins of sock yarn that I had to seriously contemplate if I really wanted to take socks as my travel knitting for this weekend. Normally I wouldn't ever give this a second thought, but seeing that I have over a month to go before I can get yarn from the States, I am having to ration the good stuff right now. I did in the end grab two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Mt. Creek colorway and walked out the door. I think these will be Jaywalkers since that particular pattern seems to wear well with the Lorna's and for some reason prevents the pilling that seems to happen with the Monkey socks or anything else with lace in it.

I almost finished the hat, but I took so long deciding on what yarn to take with me this weekend that I forgot to take a picture of it. I should be able to finish it on Sunday evening when I get back. I have about three more rows in the hat itself and then need to make 12-20 inches of 3 stitch i-cord. Hooray for i-cord....

So, that's it for this week. I'll be back on Monday with hopefully a finished hat and hopefully some sock progress to show you all. And I leave you with this on this Friday morning:

No comments: