Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Lace Grows

I caught my yearly upper respiratory infection this past week and ended up calling in sick for a day. The only good thing about that was that I had more time than usual to knit. I managed to get all the Yucca chart repeats done on the Aeolian and the Agave transition chart finished. Now I just have three agave repeats and the edging to do and the shawl will be finished. Of course, this will take a while because of the N word...

Nupps. Yep, nupps. Nupps are not something I'm enjoying right now. The purl 9 together is hell and I ended up using a tiny crochet hook to help me get that done. I think in my own lace design work that I will avoid nupps at all costs.
But I do have a picture I can show you at least of the progress. I'm feeling a lot better today, so I'm going in to work where I sadly can't knit anymore. The principals are on a rampage at the moment and don't want the teachers to have any kind of break at all between classes, but that's a whole other long story that I won't get into right now. Here's the shawl:Yep, it's a big blob of unblocked lace. Wish I could block it out some, but I'm already on my biggest cord length for size 2 needles and can't stretch it out anymore really. I'm loving how this is looking so far though, but it does make me really miss something...

Evenstar! I wish I could knit on my Evenstar shawl. I'm only finished with clue 2 and there are 5 clues out now! I need to get this Aeolian done first and foremost right now though for Sally's wedding, so sadly I can't work on the Evenstar right now. But soon, soon I will finish this white shawl and can go back to the lovely navy blue beaded masterpiece!

Knit on...

No comments: