Sunday, December 02, 2007

Welcome to Korea

Yep, I arrived here yesterday and got to sleep about 1AM their time. It took about 27 hours total from time of leaving Kentucky to arriving here. Sorry there are no pictures for this post, but I was just too tired and lazy to take any when I got here. I'll take some in the next few days and post them.

So, I had a pretty eventful flight to Korea. When we were over Russia somewhere, the lady behind me who was 7 months pregnant went into labor. I would think that would be the most terrifying thing to know you were 4 hours from an airport that could handle a jet that big, so you were 4 hours before you could get on the ground. Good news is that there were 3 doctors on board and they got her stable. They got her off the plane as soon as we landed, so here's praying she and the baby are OK. Once we got to Seoul, I met DF and we took a 4 hour bus trip to Gwangju and then the craziest 20 minute taxi to Naju. Traffic lights are merely a suggestion here. They just honk and shine their lights when they are going to run the light. Police don't enforce that here apparently. Our driver was flying too, so we made it fast. If we took the normal non-stop bus to Naju, it would have taken 45 minutes to get there, but we got in so late that they were done driving that route for the night. About 1 AM Korean time, I was able to finally get to sleep. I slept until about 8AM this morning.

Right now I'm watching the CNN world news in English. There are a few English TV channels here DF says, so maybe later I'll flip the channels. Right now though, I want to finish unpacking and go take a shower. I feel like it's been ages since I have had a bath already and it's only been about 35 hours or so. Oh well :oP

Pictures tomorrow.

Knit on...

1 comment:

Noneofyourbusiness. said...

I'm glad you made it safely! Have a fantastic time! :)