Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Little Late

Blatantly stolen from Dana's blog:

Where did you begin 2008?
Sitting on my bed, being woken up by a phone call from DF

What was your status by Valentine's Day?
Engaged to DF

Were you in school (anytime this year)?
Online stuff

Did you have to go to the hospital?
I always seem to end up in the hospital at least once a year because of the stupid stomach. I hate chicken...

Did you have any encounters with the police?
Not that I can think of

Where did you go on vacation?
This is the fun part. Let's see, Korea, Japan, and Thailand! Come on 2009, bring some more!

What did you purchase that was over $500?
Oh geez, let's see...airfare, airfare, airfare, and airfare

Did you know anybody who got married?
Yep, the secretary at the school. It was a fun wedding

Did you know anybody who passed away?
Yes, DF's dear aunt. She was the kindest person I think I've ever met.

Did you move anywhere?
Yep, when I move, I really move. Went to South Korea

What sporting events did you attend?
School sports day count?

Describe your birthday:
Talked on webcams to both my family and DF, some other English teachers came by and threw me an American food birthday party, with the exception of the cake which was definitely Korean. We had fun.

What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2008?
Finally got to go to Japan

What has been your favorite moment(s)?
Traveling some of the side streets of Bangkok (DF knows which ones!), Geisha watch 2008, Christmas with DF and playing with the dinosaur tops, surprising my grandmother for her 80th birthday.

What's something you learned about yourself?
That I am not always as dependable as I thought I was. It was hard to realize, but I think and hope it makes me more mindful of others now.

Any new additions to your family?
There were a few in extended family

What was your best month?
The summer months were good while getting to travel.

What music will you remember from 2008?
Disturbed's Indestructible album because it pretty much wrote my book for me.

Made new friends?
Yep, I met people from all walks of life over in Korea

New best friend?
I think my best friend has stayed the same!

Favorite night out?
The Geisha Watch 2008 night with DF and the most expensive meal we ever ate :oP there may be another involving Bangkok too.

Any regrets?
I regret not buying good sunscreen before going to Thailand...

What do you want to change in 2009?
I want to be a kinder person and not be as pessimistic as I always seem to be.

Overall, how would you rate this year?
It was a year of changes. I'm glad I made the changes and good and bad, would do it all over again (just avoiding the bad :oP )

What would you change about 2008?
More vacation

Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
Work

Have any life changes in 2008?
See all of the above!

Change your hairstyle?
Yeah, I got it chopped and have vowed not to do that again. I desperately need to get it shaped though since it looks like a big red triangle at the moment. Don't worry, DF, I'm not killing the length again!

Have any car accidents?
DF hit a bicycle that rolled in front of him while I was on the back of his motorcycle, does that count? No one was hurt, but the bike had a dented wheel. We saw the kid again, still riding the dented wheel. I think she now knows to be more careful. At least it was us who dented it and not a Korean who would have probably killed her by ripping through that street.

Buy a new car?
No

Get a new job?
Yep, now teaching

Got a New Year's resolution?
I will run a 5k by the end of the year again. I want to travel more.

Do anything embarrassing?
I fell flat on my face in front of DF, but that's fairly common...

Buy anything new from eBay?
Not that I can think of off the top of my head.

What was your favorite purchase of 2008?
airfare

Get married or divorced?
Nope, not in a hurry to get married and speed up the prospect of divorce :oP

Get arrested?
No

Be honest - did you watch American Idol?
Nope, not a fan

Did you get sick this year?
yeah, I hate chicken and the sun :oP

Start a new hobby?
Don't think so

Drank Starbucks in 2008?
Yeah, in Thailand even

Are you happy to see 2008 go?
Not much I could do to make it stop, now is there?

No comments: