Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Broadripple


Broadripple
Originally uploaded by magicknits
Congrats to everyone who guess right about the sock being Broadripple from Knitty.com. I had considered making the Spring Forward socks out of this colorway since it is very spring-like, but after searching on Ravelry and seeing how some of them looked, I wasn't thrilled with the lace and the way the yarn almost has a self-striping effect. But, I remembered my Black Purl Jaywalker socks and realized that this yarn would be very nice in some sort of a zig zag pattern. So, I decided on broadripple after ruling out Jaywalker (I already have three pairs). I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

Now, for the big news. The winner of the contest, as chosen by a random number generator is...........

Jessi! Jessi, I'm contacting you on Ravelry to get your address.

More stuff tomorrow, including new yarn for my mom's vest that will be cast on soon.

Knit on...

No comments: