Thursday, October 15, 2009

All Done

The mittens are all done now and will go to my coteacher tomorrow. Hopefully that'll cheer him up some after the crappy day we all had at school today. I won't go into it much here, but I will say it involved some visit from some high up in the school world and the principal was on a rampage and made classes stop so that everyone could clean our already very clean school. Anyways, here's a blurry picture of the finished mittens:Hm, now what to knit? I know I need to get working on the Donegal sweater some more, but I'm really just not feeling the sweater anymore. In fact, the idea of working more fair isle stuff right now is actually causing me to cringe. I'm much more of a cable person than I am an intricate colorwork person. Unfortunately, I love the way those intricate colorways look and so I'm tempted by them. I'm seriously considering scratching the Donegal sweater and giving it another shot in just two colors instead of 11. I think I would even be much more happy with the sweater if the spiral pattern was much more visible. Plus, I also have a new conundrum. I started Donegal almost 2 years ago now. It's now way too big. So I've got a lack of thrill about the gazillion colors and the knowledge that if I continue working on it, the sweater is going to be a really big bag on me by the time it's done.

Do you all have a project like that? I'm going to call it a guilt project. I feel like I should finish it. I'm over half way done with the dumb thing. But I also kinda hate it and want to rip it out and give the yarn away.

Matter of fact, I think that's just what I'm going to do. I think that would be a good Christmas present for the new knitter next door. She probably wouldn't know what to do with that much yarn :oP Gotta enable stash whenever possible.

Knit on...

2 comments:

Janis said...

I was thinking that to indulge the desire to do full colorwork, you could take the Donegal pattern and use it for some arm warmers or socks or something. I'm not sure if I'd ever be up to knitting a full fair isle sweater...

Noneofyourbusiness. said...

I have the same problem with three sweaters I have OTN... except they're now way too small because I've gained weight. I'm going to give them to someone else, because they're all in the final stages, lacking nothing more than a sleeve or some button bands. But I do think you should rip it out because you're never going to wear it as-is- who wants a bag for a sweater, especially when it takes that much time to make???