Sunday, October 18, 2009

Let the Christmas Knitting Begin

It's that time of year again when while sitting down and crocheting some dishcloths, I have one of those horrifying moments.

What the hell am I going to make for Christmas presents this year?!?

I think that just about everyone in my family has come to expect something hand knitted or crocheted, so I have a decent sized list to work on. This year I just don't have the yarn resources to make anything really big, so I was going through the stash and found the bag of leftover sock yarns. The Lorna's Laces is currently being knit into mitered squares for a baby blanket, but the rest of the sock yarn is just sitting there, so I thought maybe Christmas ornaments might be a good thing. Here's the first one I made:Yep, tiny, tiny top-down raglan sweater. I may be addicted now. I'm on number 2 out of this yarn and may get a 3rd one out of the colorway before switching to another one. I think everyone will get a set of 3 Christmas ornaments. They'll get a sweater, a pair of mittens, and a pair of socks to hang on the tree. It'll use up my leftovers and the projects are so fast and easy that I should be able to knock out at least one ornament a day.

I also made dishcloths this weekend and spun some more, see?That's it for now. Be prepared for the tiny knitted things parade for the next month or so!

Knit on...

No comments: