Saturday, September 03, 2011

Happy Birthday to ReBelle

ReBelle, my favorite local yarn store, celebrated 5 years of being in business. Not only were they celebrating being around for five years, but they now officially don't owe anymore on their loan and the business all belongs to these two happy owners:Congratulations, Sarah and Robyn! Oh, and this picture took some time to get because these two kept cracking up trying to find a pose :oP

To celebrate, there were cupcakes:There was a table of yarn, t-shirts, and embroidery bags for 5 bucks a pop:From that table, I scored two skeins of yarn (which I had to give Sarah a hard time about being all in the colors I can't see. For those of you who don't know, I am red/green colorblind, a rare trait for a woman. So yeah, reds and greens :oP I did have Renee pick me out two that matched so I didn't wind up with something truly wonky color-combo-wise) and a t-shirt. I also picked up a skein of Malabrigo sock yarn that just really called to me.

When I went up to the register and wished them a happy birthday, I received 10% off my purchase (I would have said this anyways, but on facebook, they had told everyone about the 10% off deal). Then I got to pick a prize out of the basket and scored a sample of lavender Eucalan wool wash. To just put icing on the cupcake, I then was able to draw a random prize out of the bag and came out with a Lamb's Pride printed nail file. All in all, such a great experience!

I congratulate these two. It's a rough economy, but they have made it work by providing a welcome atmosphere and the products that knitters and the community want. If you're not local, check out their website by clicking here.

And here is my score for the day:Knit on...and support your LYS!

No comments: