Saturday, September 10, 2011

Painting, Not Knitting

I've still been knitting away at the table runner and crocheting dishcloths, but tonight, I did something totally random. Renee and I wanted to do something different tonight, so we were looking into activities. We came across a painting website, and then it dawned on us: Bob Ross painting night!

So off we went to Michael's Craft Store and bought some acrylic paints and an economy pack of brushes. We didn't feel like we wanted to spend much on this, so didn't bother to get the good oil paints that Bob Ross recommends. She already had the canvas sitting at her house, so paint in hand, we went there.

We listened to the soothing voice of Bob Ross over the next couple of hours, creating our own little world that was supposed to be an autumn stream, but for me, ended up turning into an autumn lake instead. Then, to make our own truly unique happy trees, we did the next logical step: add glitter to the wet paint.

And so, I give you my first true painting that was not done by a paint by number:The picture does not do this thing justice. I think I managed to create a fairy wonderland :oP

Knit on...

Happy trees...RIP, Bob Ross

1 comment:

Frank Zweegers said...

Looks nice!