Friday, October 29, 2010

Endings and Beginnings

Yesterday, I finished the rainbow scarf for my cousin, and I still think it looks rather like clown vomit. But besides that, I'm happy with how it came out. It's just a simple 1x1 ribbed scarf:This picture shows you most of the color progression throughout the scarf. I like having finished pieces that started out as roving. Really is fun to see your babies grow.

And speaking of babies, we have a new one on DF's side of the family. This little one wasn't supposed to make her appearance for another few weeks, but you know how babies are. You don't always get to plan for when they come out (just ask my mother!), so we welcomed Lexi into the world this week. And, since the scarf ended, the parade of baby items will begin. I'm finally making one of the Moderne Baby Blankets from Mason Dixon Knitting. I finished two blocks yesterday:And now I knit like the wind and try to get the blanket done before Lexi is allowed to come home on Sunday!

Knit on...

No comments: