Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fiber, Fiber, Everywhere!

Another week has flown by, and I have no idea where it went. It was an interesting week though, so here are the highlights:

Monday: Fiber Fiction Patterns
Tuesday: Fiber Fiction Patterns
Wednesday: Fiber Fiction Patterns
Thursday: Fiber Fiction Patterns
Friday: Kim's Birthday
Saturday: Renee's Party
Today: Downtown and Fiber!

So if you didn't notice the trend for the first 4 days of the week, Fiber Fiction launched and all the free dishcloth patterns are now up.

Today I went downtown to the Spotlight Lexington exhibition. I had heard from my grandparents that there was an alpaca lady out there, and I thought it would be fun to talk to a local fiber farmer. Turns out it was fun, and she, who happens to have a name and it's Sandy, had some nice rovings and yarns. I ended up coming home with a 4 ounce bump of roving:Her farm is S & S Camelid Co and her stuff was nice. If you're in the central Kentucky region, you should check her out. Also, I talked to a local fiber mill who happened to be the mill responsible for the roving I picked up. The mill was Flaggy Meadow Fiber Works and I'm looking forward to sending some stuff over to Shawn and Lori to have processed.

I'll review the roving once I get it all spun up. I think it's going to spin quite nicely after inspecting it some at home.

No comments: