Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Finished Yarn, and That's About All

I finished plying the rest of the alpaca singles last night, and well, I finished at around 10 PM, so that was pretty much all the fiber-related stuff I got done. But the good news is that it is finished and it looks very nice. Here is a picture of the one I finished on Monday:I made a two ply yarn, andean plied, out of four spindle's worth of alpaca roving. I bought the roving at the Greencastle Fiber Event in Indiana, but I can't remember the name of the company for the life of me and it was not attached to the cone anywhere. I'm glad to be done with the yarn now so that I can start actually knitting with it soon. Today I'll look at patterns on Ravelry to determine just which pair of fingerless gloves that this will become.

That's really it for today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some progress to show you on something other than my spinning. I've just been enjoying the spinning process the past two weeks and of course now I want to start spinning up that Jacob fleece I brought back with me...

Must knit...

Knit on...

1 comment:

Janis said...

Looks nice! I love the variation in color.