Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Beads and Garlic

Saturday was full of all kinds of fun things.  I started off early by taking a class by Betsy Hershberg on how to make 3D knitted beads.  First, I made a strip of knit fabric with seed beads on it:
Then you take the strip of fabric and roll it up to create a barrel bead:
The rest of the class was about techniques to made other beads that can then be strung.  The class was excellent and Betsy is a wonderful teacher.  When it was all said and done, I had three completed beads:
I definitely see possibilities with the knitted ring.  I'll be playing more with this in the future.

In the evening, I went to the Scalini's dinner with my new friend Kathleen.  We met the lovely Agnes there and all Kathleen had talked about for the day were the rolls at this place.  So, here they are:

They were every bit as good as she said they were.  Smothered in garlic and butter.  Yes, I ate a few of these things as well as a wonderful veggie lasagna and a some Italian ice cream.

The dinner had a good turnout:
They had some nice prizes, though sadly I didn't win any of them.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, yes, I spent more time at the market.  You have to wait until later to see what I bought and to see the amazing door prize that I won!

Knit on...

No comments: