Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Haul

So, on Sunday I drove back home and actually made good time at it.  When I got home, I had to take some inventory of what I got while at Stitches:
This is the first part of the haul.  This all came from Newton Yarns and are from left to right:

A 100% rayon light fingering yarn in the Nevada colorway.  This has 1100 yards and I am not sure what it will be yet.

This is a wool blend of some sort.  I'm not even going to try to guess at the yardage of this in the hank.  I'm going to measure the yardage once I get it on the swift to wind it.

The blue is also a wool blend of some sort.  Both the pink and the blue were unlabeled and only 10 bucks a skein in the grab bin.  They feel nice and there's enough of the blue for a good sweater I think.

The gray ball in the top is the gray sock yarn I bought for the bead class.  I can't remember the dyer for the life of me right now.

But wait, there's more!
From left to right:

Berroco Versa in color 3689.  This will be for my beading experiments as it turns out non-stretchy ribbon yarn works best for this. 

The needles are Knitter's Pride cubix, which I bought for the class and then didn't use.  I'm looking forward to using them in the near future though and I will pass on my thoughts in a review of the square needles.

Squishy Lace by Dragonfly Fibers.  While at breakfast one morning, I ran into the lovely ladies from Hiya Hiya.  We chatted and ate, and then one of them came out with a coupon for Dragonfly.  Hiya Hiya ladies, you rock!  Also, I'll be picking up a sharp interchangeable set from you all in the near future when finances permits as I adore your needles.  The colors of the lace are Rocky Top and Firecracker.  Each has 870 yards and will become gorgeous shawls of some sort!

And now, I will go play with the yarn.

Knit on...

No comments: