Monday, July 05, 2010

Cashmere in July

Yep, it's hard to believe that July is here and upon us already. It doesn't seem like it's been over a month since I finished my job and have been able to focus on writing and knitting design. It does however seem like July, if for nothing else than the weather.

Which is why I'm knitting with cashmere yarn of course :oP
I've never worked with cashmere before, so when I went to Seoul a couple of weeks ago, I picked up two balls of Anny Blatt cashmere blend yarn to make a cowl for DF. I had picked up the pattern for Windschief by Stephen West about a month ago and I wanted to get a nice yarn for the neck warmer so that it would be nice and soft when DF is riding his motorcycle.

So, here he is, modeling his finished cowl:He says that he really likes it and will use it this fall and winter when it gets cold again. Meanwhile, we're melting with the heat and humidity.

Oh, and did I mention that the cowl only took one ball of yarn? So, tomorrow I'll show you what I did with the second ball of yarn!

Knit on...

No comments: