Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What To Do With Leftover English Tweed

I had 5 skeins of yarn left from my Vivian cardigan, so I knew I wanted to use it. The yarn is so nice to work with, and it wasn't too much leftover, so I wanted something small, quick, and fairly easy. I flipped through my notebook with patterns already printed out and came across the Brea Bag by Norah. I knew it would be cutting it close with the yardage, but I decided to go for it anyways.

A few hours later, I had this:I threw a few things in it to see how it looks and I decided that I definitely want to line the bag when I get back to the US. I'm thinking some hot pink fabric to match the button. And maybe a zipper to give the bag a little more security.

Here it is when not being supported by my hand:Another reason I think it needs to be lined. Lining will offer it some stability so it doesn't stretch out.

Also, I really like the purse handle that I had for this bag. I bought two of these handles the last time I was in Seoul and I wish I would have bought more in the different colors they had. They're really quite nice and the picture doesn't do it justice:And up next on the needles will be Herbivore. I'm ripping out the jaywalker sock I started with the Wood Elves sock yarn and will make that instead. I think I'll be happier with the yarn draped over me than on my feet.

Knit on...

No comments: