Saturday, March 10, 2012

Damn Doctors

So I went to the doctor on Thursday to have a spot on my arm checked out. I've got a long history of skin cancer in the family and a few questionable spots removed off myself a few years ago. Anyways, turns out the arm is fine and it's just a bad eczema breakout happening and should be gone within a week or so with treatment. However, my blood pressure was up.

What? I'm 29 and should not be having any issues with this. It may just be a medication I'm on (I go back in 3 months after taking my blood pressure every week until then), but the doctor then did what I hate. He went all disappointed father figure on me.

"Well, you've gained wait..."

No shit. I'm sorry, pardon the language on the blog, but that was literally my reaction to his comment. I know I've gained weight! In fact, everyone who looks at me that saw me 2 years ago at this time knows I've gained. But, it hit me hard with him saying it and the look he gave me of utter disappointment.

I've struggled with my weight for a long time now. It's always been a sore spot with me and one I generally avoided talking about until I started losing a lot two years ago. Sure, I would occasionally mention it here to just get it out, but it's not something I enjoyed talking about.

I'm not really enjoying this post either, but I wanted to write this out somewhere. I have not put on all the weight I lost 2 years ago. I have put on about half of it. I didn't stick with the habits I picked up in Korea, which is a shame. So, I'm making some changes and going to try to drop 10 pounds by the time I see the doctor again in three months. Hopefully this will lower the blood pressure and I won't have to have a med change (I like this pill I'm on, so don't want to change to something else right now).

So, to keep myself accountable, I'm going to do a once a week update on the blood pressure reading and how my week is going. I kinda have another blog for this, but I used that mostly for my running posts, and since I don't do as much exciting runs these days, it's fallen by the wayside.

So, that was a rambling Saturday post for everyone. Here, look at the sock that's growing:There, now don't we all feel much better? :oP

Knit on...

2 comments:

Velma said...

hang in there. I have gained a lot of weight over 8 years and I can't seem to get rid of it. I will lose maybe 5 pounds and then it comes back with a 5 pound friend. I know how hard it can be.

Sock is looking great though! Love this self striping yarn!!

ShoeboxSally said...

Bummer about the weight gain - after all that hard work.
I too have not been keeping up with some exercise routines I used to do in Korea and it is catching up on me (my dodgy hip) - so I now have to get back in the habit....
Good duck and I do hope your BP comes down - Julia