Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hooking

So, for a change in pace, I decided to do a little latch hook kit and make a pillow. I bought this while it was still painful to knit and have slowly worked on it bit by bit. It's not as enjoyable as knitting, crocheting, or spinning, but it is fascinating and I like that it is something different. I decided to start small (as my usual over ambitious self, I wanted to do a massive rug for my first project, but the amount of money for the kit kept me away) and I'm glad I did as I am about half way through this pillow and I've been working on it for a while now. It's an angel fish:This one is made of just cheap acrylic yarn, but I see possibilities of a custom designed pillow or wall hanging made out of leftover hand spun yarn.

So, anyone else try the rug hooking thing? Did you get hooked (no pun intended) or did you get bored with it? I'm not bored per say, I'm just not very dedicated to the whole project at this point.

Knit on...

No comments: