Thursday, July 26, 2012

Weight Loss Update

Since I didn't give an update last week, I thought I would give you one this week.  I'm now down 7 pounds from when I started 5 weeks ago, so I am thrilled about that.  Better yet, I was able to get into an older pair of jeans again, so now I have two pairs I can wear without being uncomfortable. 

I am on a tight budget, and this means I can't really go out and buy new clothes.  When I started gaining some weight, I was annoyed because I had all these nice work clothes that were getting too tight.  So, I got some new clothes for my birthday and Christmas. 

Now that I'm dropping inches, I'm glad to be able to get back into those clothes again.  I'm still a long way from getting into the ones from when I was at my lowest weight, and honestly, I may never get into some of those again because I am not running myself to death this time and don't intend to go into the 150s the way I did before, which everyone, including myself, agrees was verging on freakishly thing for a nearly 6 foot tall frame.

So, I'm just plugging along.  I feel good and my body appreciates getting much healthier fuels now.

Also, I am now done with Eat and Run.  The book was fantastic and I can't wait to make some of the recipes in it.  I think first up will be making my own rice milk since I have cut out milk from my diet (was starting to upset my stomach.  Can still do cheese though, so I am not a complete vegan as of yet).

Knit on...

No comments: