Thursday, May 29, 2008

Korea Sparkling Socks

I meant to get this posted yesterday, but I never had time to get on the internet and get pictures up. I did finish my Korea Sparkling socks though. For those of you who don't know why they are called Korea Sparkling, let me explain. There is a new ad campaign here in Korea to try to get more tourists. So they have all these wonderful things to see, and then at the end it goes, Korea....Sparkling! So, hence why when I got sparkly yarn from Kim for my going away present, I felt the need to name them this. Anyways, here's the socks:
The unflattering foot picture. And then:

It kinda shows off the sparkles. Anyways, that's it for today. I'll have more pictures either this weekend or Monday.

Knit on...

7 comments:

Plain Jane said...

Those are really pretty. Were the sparkles right in the yarn or did you add beads?

Knitting Magic Girl said...

The sparkles are already in there. It's a new yarn from Tempted. I got it at my LYS ReBelle. It's great yarn.

Robyn Wade said...

I am so jealous of your sparkley socks. Now you should start the Leah Korea...Sparkling campaign.

Janis said...

Whoa, sparkles! How do they feel when worn?

Zabet said...

SPARKLY!!!!!! I want to lick them.

Knitting Magic Girl said...

The socks are wearing well. I just walked a mile to the bus stop and they didn't chafe or anything.

Lisa Brawner said...

I love all the vibrant colors you use for your knitting. I am enjoying reading your blog :)