Thursday, October 02, 2008

Bugs and Fiber

Yesterday on my way home from work, I ran into this guy:hard to tell from the picture, but this (more than likely gal and not guy) mantis was just sitting there posing for me in all its 4 inch glory. I really wish I had my SLR camera with me for that one. I got a little too close and he reared up and flashed his buggy claw things at me, so I backed off and continued walking home.

Remember how Wednesdays are supposed to be for spinning? Well, last night it really was for spinning. I finished half of the alpaca roving:It really has no green in it, but it managed to get a greenish tint to it in this picture. I also finished a little more spinning on the second half of the alpaca:I also finished 10 repeats of the chocolate brown Irish Hiking Scarf:It's a close-up view, but I really like the way the texture showed up in this picture.

There's no work tomorrow because it's a holiday, so you probably won't get a post until Monday. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Knit on...

1 comment:

Kim Colley said...

You got to meet Zorak! I'm so jealous.