Sunday, October 12, 2008

One Scarf Down, 6 Pairs of Slipper Socks to Go

Well, I finished the Irish Hiking Scarf this weekend and it's all ready to go into the Christmas presents box:Not the greatest expression on my face, but the scarf looks good :oP This one will go to my grandfather. The green one I made earlier will go to my grandmother. I'm making slipper socks for everyone else. I cast on yesterday for the first one and it's going OK using the two circular needles method. I didn't have any size 4 DPNs here, so I'm making due with what I have. I definitely am a DPN girl rather than 2 circs.

Of course I also worked on Donegal. It's about 12 inches long now, so only 4 inches more to go before I can start doing the steeks for the armholes. Here's the progress so far:It's growing at least. I've found that I like this sweater from a distance. When you look at it up close, the pattern turns into a blob of random colors, but step a foot or so away and it turns into this with the scrolls actually starting to show up. At least it's getting there. I'm still optimistic of being done with this before the end of winter and being able to wear it one time before putting it away for the Spring.

Knit on...

No comments: