Sunday, November 16, 2008

An Intervention

I spent most of this weekend writing, hoping to hit 40,000 words by the end of the weekend. I was at almost 39,000 when I realized I needed milk if I was going to eat cereal for breakfast in the morning, so I took a walk to the store. When I came back, this is what I saw:I was concerned because I had not placed the yarn there. In fact, I have been intentionally neglecting the yarn stash this month because of the novel. I also saw that my novel was no longer on the screen. I read the letter and this is what it said:I started to get very concerned. The stash was now talking to me. Had I really neglected knitting and fondling yarn for 15 days now? Was I in need of an intervention? Had my novel really taken over all my free time? I picked up the skein of yarn and pressed it against my face, feeling the uber softness that is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted. I looked at the needles and the pattern and said what the hell. I'll knit for a little while and then get back to writing.Yeah, it's horribly curled up because of it being plain stockinette, but this is the back of the sweater to the armholes....yeah, no more writing was going to be taking place this weekend.

It's 10 PM here, so it's pretty much my set bedtime here, but I can't...put...the...sweater...down...

I'm back!

Knit on...

PS: I intend to be close to finished if not completely finished with the novel by the end of this week. I can't travel with the sweater, so work time will be writing time. Don't worry, the novel is not going to be neglected :oP

2 comments:

asterpurl said...

Oh dear, it has gotten serious! Time to knit knit knit! :-)

Glad the book is going well - what a cool idea!

blindpurls said...

Lol, now if your stash is talking to you through your computer, you know it's gotten really serious. The yarn is beautiful, tell your stash it is a gorgeous way to tell your knitter you miss them ;-) One of these days I'll start on my Sahara, got the yarn and pattern and now I just need the motivation and time!