Wednesday, June 13, 2012

And Now Back to Knitting

I decided that it had been too long since I last knit a sock.  Also, I just have not been motivated to work on the baby blanket now that it's hot enough my air conditioning is on.  So, I grabbed a skein of Malabrigo Sock that I had in my stash and started thinking through what kind of sock to make from it.  I knew I didn't want just another vanilla sock, even though I very much enjoy knitting those.  No, this yarn is special sock yarn, so it needed a special pattern.  After going through my previously knit socks, I decided it was time to make another Nutkin.

My first Nutkin was made out of a cotton blend from Knit Picks, and I adore the snug fit the sock has.  I also really like that hemmed cuff of the sock and have been pleasantly surprised and how well it stays up compared to my usual ribbed cuff.  So, I got to work and I managed to get this much done so far:
Still adore the pattern and I am enjoying the yarn even more.  Can't wait to have these on my feet!  I think I am going to try to get these done for the day I get the boot off as my present for having a healed ankle again.

Knit on...

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I completely agree with you about the Nutkin pattern. It is oddly addictive.

Enjoy!