Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fruit

My new obsession is fruit.  I always ate a ton of bananas, but that was about it when it comes to the fruit content in my life.  Since my taste has been revived so much, I find that bananas are just too sweet for my liking with no acidic bite to counter it.  So now, my fruit bowl looks like this:
Peaches from Georgia, golden delicious apples, and June apples from a local farmer at the farmer's market.

June apples...mmmm

Ok, I have a major like of June apples.  They hold a special place in my heart.  They are tart and have a slightly acidic bite to them.  They also used to grow in my grandparents' back yard until the tree eventually died from a bad ice storm years ago.  My family would drive up from Florida in June to visit my grandparents and I remember always wanting to get the June apples off the tree and pick green beans with my grandpa.  The squirrels got more of the apples than the people did, but this never seemed to bother anyone as there was always more apples than one family ever needed.

And I swear I'll eventually have some knitting content on the blog again soon.  I haven't been knitting much recently.  Sometimes you just hit a lull and need a break, and that's what I am doing now.  I am plotting some knitting olympics projects, but that is for another post.

Knit on...
Oh, and I should probably mention that this is my 1000th post!

No comments: