Sunday, September 28, 2008

Finished Monkeys and the Never-Ending Sweater

As you know from my last post, I am finished with the Devon Monkeys for Sheptember. I'm actually wearing them today and I think they are my favorite pair of socks to date. Here they are:And the obligatory on-foot shot:Yep, I'm quite pleased. I also knit an actual square shaped mitered square:Only 500 gajillion more of these to make and I'll have a blanket :oP

I also worked on Donegal this weekend. It finally turned cooler here and I could stand to have a stack of wool on me. I still doubt that I'll get it done in time to wear it this winter, but the one row a day thing seems to be working well. I managed to finally make it through one full repeat:Look, progress! It finally looks a little less like a blob of color and now a little more like a pattern is emerging. Here's a close-up:The only thing I don't like about this is that red in there. When I was picking out colors, I didn't realize that it would be so different from everything else that you would lose some of the pattern in there. I'll be perfectly frank though, I'm not going to change it. It would mean ripping out what I have so far and starting over. It would mean buying two new colors in Pallette, and seeing how I'm overseas, it's a little difficult to get it. So, I'm just going to deal with it. I think it could be worse. If it turns out horrible after I get two full repeats done, I may consider my options, but for now, I'm just going to wait and see.

Hopefully there will be more squares tomorrow and maybe more Donegal progress.

Knit on...

No comments: