Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Won't Forget

Sorry, no knitting pictures today. I did manage to knit two rounds on Donegal last night and I hope to work some more on it tonight. I didn't finish the dragon cross stitch since I just got too blasted hot in the teacher's room yesterday.

It's kinda a somber day for me here. I woke up this morning and realized it was September 11. I began to wonder if anyone at the school even thinks about what this day might mean to an American who happens to be teaching at the school. It just made me remember once again what I was doing on that day seven years ago (has it really been that long? wow)

I was attending college at The University of Central Florida. I had just finished the most boring physics class I ever had (I normally like physics, don't get me wrong there), and I had to hop on the expressway to work like I did every weekday. I hopped in the car, was amazed at the lack of traffic on the road, and didn't even notice that there were no airplanes flying in or out of OIA.

I parked my car and went inside the retail store where I worked and my boss had what I thought was talk radio blasting and he looked like he had seen a ghost. I asked him what was up and he told me that the trade center twin towers had both just collapsed because they were attacked, the Pentagon had been attacked, and airplanes were missing. I just stared in disbelief. We closed the store an hour later and we both went home to watch the events on TV.

I'll never forget.

No comments: