Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Morphing Sock

So earlier this week, I cast on for a pair of Pomatomus from Knitty.com. I love the way the socks look on the model leg, but as I started knitting them, I was just not happy with how this yarn looked in that pattern. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Devon colorway and this is for the Sheptember KAL from Ravelry. So, since I wasn't happy with how it was looking, the sock morphed and decided it wanted to be another pair of Monkeys:I'm liking the way this yarn is working up in this pattern. I also worked on the border some more on the cross-stitch last night:I brought the dragon with me today to work since I have no classes and will just be sitting here all day. I figured I should work on it so that maybe I'll at least be done with half of the border by the end of the day. It'd be great if I was able to get even more done by the end of the day!

That's it for the day. Hope everyone else is having a good time knitting, crocheting, spinning, or doing anything else fiber-related.

Knit on...

3 comments:

errs said...

I really like your dragon. The colors are cool.

Plain Jane said...

X-stitch on *BLACK*?? I am in awe! The dragon is gorgeous..

Janis said...

Nice! I feel like I should work on the cross stitch I started for my grandmother ages ago, but it is so slow and fiddly compared to knitting that I don't want to. :D The dragon looks lovely!