Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Blanket Grows Some More

I'm working on a lap afghan blue and white granny square right now while I'm at home. It's now just too big to travel and it's keeping me warm while crocheting on it at the apartment. Here it is so far, with my hand thrown in for scale:I'm hoping to be finished with the afghan by this weekend, which given the progress on it the past two days is not totally unreasonable. I kinda despise working with boucle yarns, but this one isn't totally terrible, although still frustrating at times. I do really like the squishy factor though and it's very warm, which is what I wanted for something that is intended to keep me warm so I can turn the heat down and save more money and energy.

I also have a pair of socks on the needles out of Kroy FX, but they are at the school since they're the work project. I'll try to remember to sneak a picture of the finished one today so I can show you all the progress on those tomorrow.

Knit on...

1 comment:

Noneofyourbusiness. said...

You're so brave, to be knitting with boucle. It always makes me want to poke my eyes out with a hook. ;)

Can't wait to see the sock!