Thursday, January 21, 2010

An FO and a New WIP

Last night I did finish my lap afghan. I used it all evening too and it's nice to be able to turn the heat down some and cozy up with the smooshy afghan. Anyways, here is the finished blue and white boucle blob:Granny squares are so super easy and mindless that I may have fallen in love with them. I'll have to remember this whenever I am fed up with a current project and need something I can accomplish.

I also started another project last night. I decided to make myself a fish hat. I didn't have any yarn lying around that I wanted to use, so I had picked up some acrylic at a store where DF lives. It's not going to be the prettiest fish hat or the softest, but it will be a fish hat and I'll make another one someday when I get some better woolen leftovers (yes, I still have leftover malabrigo, but it seems sacrilage to me to use it for a fish hat. It will become something else...).

Hope everyone has a great weekend with lots of knitting. Are you all getting ready for the Knitting Olympics? If so, what are you making? My Olympic post will come on Monday with my goals and intentions for the event.

Knit on...

No comments: