Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Yarn That Beat Me

For those of you who have been reading my blog, you know of the woe that has been the maroon merino sport-weight yarn. Well, it beat me again.

I cast on for the Drops Vest that I liked. Got through the ribbing. It looked a bit small. Measured, and yes, it was a little too small. Great, I'm thinking. I'm losing weight, so that's ok if it's a little small. Go to print out the pattern (yes, I had only been looking at it online thus far) and the Drops site was down. Checked the next day: Site was back up, but the pattern was gone.

This yarn and pattern choices have defeated me. I give. I ripped out the vest and decided that the yarn is in time out until the Knitting Olympics are over in February. Once I have had victory there, perhaps I can bend this yarn into what I want it to be. I'm thinking nice, pleated skirt right now may be what it is destined to be.

I'm sure that'll change 20,000 times more by the time I get to it.

This weekend I have plans to make socks out of Patons Kroy FX. About half way done with the cuff of one of them and have a SnB on Saturday and some knitting time on the bus back and forth. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Knit on...

No comments: