Wednesday, April 26, 2006

An Actual Knitting Update

OK, so without further ado, let me introduce you to the sleeve that caused all the problems....it's now all done and I've got about half that much done on the second sleeve now.
I also promised you some pictures of my dragon cross stitch. I finally drug this poor thing out of the drawer and dusted it off. I've only been working on it for four freaking years now. I might want to finish it sometime. I guess the Stashalong has gotten me motivated to finish some unfinished projects, even if they aren't knitting related.
This weekend was also full of drinks and what not. I don't know why I decided you need to see the cooler, but there it is, along with a quick shot of the inside fridge door at the hotel. Caffeine and booze, you just can't go wrong there...unless you decide to knit while drunk. I refrained from doing this I might add.
DBF and I also picked up two books from the speaker who was at the photography weekend. His name is Tony Sweet. While we didn't agree with his judging, he still shoots some interesting shots. He's all about filters. Here's his two books.

But what about Nautie you ask? The little squid is coming along, but alas, I have not taken any pictures of the little guy yet. I'll try to get some pictures of him soon. I also want to get a picture of Kathy's new purse she made. It's so pretty. I want to make one now. I'm trying to convince her she needs to start blogging some of her projects. She's uber talented.

The Yarn Harlot, aka Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, is coming into Kentucky on Saturday. I have to take my grandmother to the airport on Saturday and will then be 1.5 hours away! I want to go there so bad, but unless I can convince Grandma that she needs to be at the airport three hours before her flight, it doesn't look like I'll be able to get there. So, I think I have come up with a solution. If I can get the paradise fish sweater completed by Saturday, I will dress a red-haired raggedy ann doll in it and send the doll with a box of bourbon chocolates. Jane has offered to take my book to get signed and also carry the doll with her to represent my willingness to be at the talk. If I can't be there to get on the Harlot's blog, perhaps the doll will be able to! Gotta get working on that sweater sleeve though. I've only got 8 inches and I have 12 more to go still. I can do it!

Well, I really should get some work done. I'm taking a day off tomorrow from work to go watch the ponies run. Hopefully I won't lose much money at the track!

Knit on...

No comments: