Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Meditation

There is just something meditative about knitting and listening to 80's music. I know, you may not like 80's music, but I do, and I go into a meditative state when knitting on my lunch break and listening to some of my favorite songs. Anyone else do this? For a little bit of time, I feel like I am not at work, I have no problems, I am just there and knitting listening to Heart and Soul or Shout. All is well.

Anyways, that was just a random thought. I still haven't gotten pictures of all my stash yet. I like Knit and Tonic's site where she is bathing in her yarn, but I don't have a fancy tub to take a picture like that. Plus I don't want to copy her. I need to do something original. I liked the yarn story idea, so I might take a little liberties on that idea and create a story with my yarn. Of course this means having free time. What's that?

I'm about four inches into the back panel of the paradise fish sweater now, so it's coming along slowly but surely. I did knit some on my sock while at the weight watchers meeting yesterday. I got some stares, but that's OK. Yes, I do knit in public :oP

Tonight is Stitch and Bitch night, so I should get some more done on the sweater, plus I started working on these cute little stuffed animals that Renee introduced the group to. They're so cute. I'm working on the bunny right now in a nice red color of Wool of the Andes. It's part of my stash reduction project. Plus, they're just too darned cute. See for yourself:

These little animals are crocheted and so cute and tiny and just cute ::passes out from cuteness overload:: You can buy them from Roxycraft. They're easy to make too and the pattern is pretty easy to follow, though slightly convoluted reading. I think the owl looks like a little alien too...might modify that one some. You can check out the whole line here: http://roxycraft.com/

Well, that wraps it up for now. I'll eventually get my stash pictures up here. I found out that Bishop Frank's funeral is on Thursday, so I won't be able to make it. I have sent my regards to the family though. I hope it's a beautiful service.

Knit on...

No comments: