Wednesday, March 21, 2007


I had mentioned on Monday that I had started the fiddlehead scarf from Morehouse Farm Merino, but I realized that I didn't post any pictures of it. It's going to be hard to photograph while on the needles just simply because it is being knit lengthwise and it's on a 32" circular when it's actually 65ish inches long. Anyways, here is my best attempt at photographing the thing.
Hey, Erica, see that stitch marker hanging off the bottom right corner? Remember giving me those? I use those things more than any other markers that I have! Love them! (Oh, and I haven't forgotten about the yarn that I promised to send you, I've just been dealing with the creeping crud for the past month and haven't gotten my lazy arse to the post office. I will soon though!)
A little shot of the wrapped stitches after they've been stretched out a little bit. I'm almost done with the first pattern repeat. There are three repeats in all and I could get them done quickly if I would just work on the thing.

It's a little blurry, but I wanted to show the curly-Qs on the end of the scarf. There will be seven of these little guys. They really do remind me of fiddlehead ferns. I'm going to try to have this done by the Cumberland Falls photography weekend. DBF, DBF's mom, and I go to this competition every year down at Cumberland Falls to shoot nature photography. I really like shooting fiddlehead ferns since each one is unique and they all have different degrees of curliness to them before they bloom out completely. Given this, I thought it would be nice to have this pretty dainty scarf for the evening workshops and slideshows.

I also worked some on the sock while I played poker last night. You'll remember how much I got done on Monday. Now, here's what I got done last night:

I finished the heel flap and turned the heel. I started to pick up stitches when I was put out of the tourney. Overall, this took me less than 30 was a short poker night, but that's OK. I was able to sleep well last night after the chiropractor figured out what was going on. He took an x-ray of my shoulder and there were these little white spots around the joint that he said were calcium deposits. Apparently they are really common for ex-athletes who have stopped playing for several years. I was a pitcher, so that made sense to me. Anyways, he used this ultrasound machine on my arm then took another x-ray and they were all gone! They dissolve under ultrasound waves, so that was pretty cool. Plus my arm felt a lot better too and I was able to sleep. That'll make me much more bearable when I go see Kim during lunch for the first SnB with us in a long time. We normally would go to ReBelle, but her schedule is so tight that we're just going to meet in her office area so we have more time for the bitching part of Stitch and Bitch :oP

Knit on...

No comments: