Thursday, March 08, 2007

Mason Dixon Knitting After Dark Nightie, plus a few other WIPS

Yeah, I have pictures today. I originally planned to have this Mrs. Robinson seducing slide show type thing, but when I took a close look at the pictures, they were a little too revealing, even for Mrs. Robinson :oP So instead, here are the nice shots of the nightie without showing too much skin :oP
I couldn't get the same shot they had in the book. I have a feeling theirs involved starch to get the thing to stick out like it did. Plus I'm not a professional photographer. I really enjoyed knitting this nightie. I enjoyed the lace...
The vine lace tickled me to no end for some reason. I may have to use that in some other pattern whenever I get around to designing lace. It'll be a while, trust me. I enjoyed knitting the top lace section too...
I really liked that it didn't come out wonky like the back. Concentration helps when it comes to that I suppose. I am giggly about the hot pink straps...
Heck, I like everything about this nightie...

It really is a lovely pattern. You could substitute any sport weight yarn for this easilly if you didn't want to shell out the money for Euroflax. It also may not take as much as what the pattern calls for. I had to make the XXL size because I have rather large boobs and the pattern called for 5 skeins, but I only used 3 and a little of a fourth skein.

I'm also working on a couple of other things now. I have ressurected the gecko scarf and I'm almost to the tail decreases. I'm hoping to be done with this scarf tonight or tomorrow.

I'm also working on finishing the second Chameleon sock. I'm really liking this yarn. Good pick, Kim!

Now that I've probably crashed your computers today, I'll go do some work. I'm actually feeling better now after another day off work. I even went to the bookstore last night and lasted about an hour before I needed to head home and crash again. I'm not hacking up vital organs this morning at least, so I'm getting better now.

Knit on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It turned out fantastic! I love the pink straps.

Way to crank the foxy handknits--have fun! . . . ; )

asterpurl said...

Looks great!