Friday, March 30, 2007

Running, Waddling, Knitting, Crashing

Yeah, I did it yesterday. I went running for the first time in...oh dear, quite a few years to say the least. I don't know if you could really call it running more than waddling for me though. I was almost walking with a little more pep. But I did it anyways. Rebecca thought that I would be in better shape than her. Ha! She should have known better.

On the bright side, I did get in 10,498 steps yesterday for the day. Now how am I supposed to get in that many each day? I had an unusual walk during lunch to get food and then a 2 mile run/waddle last night and that just barely got me over 10,000 steps for the day. I'm so sore today that I don't feel like doing anything.

So what is up with these people who like to run for pleasure? I just don't get it. I didn't hit a runner's high last night. I hit runner's misery, overdose, whatever you want to call it! But I did it and I know it's one of the best exercises I can do right now, so Rebecca and I will attempt to continue doing this a few times a week.

Oh, and I need a sports bra. I got a few unwelcomed stares and Rebecca was continuously cracking up at my cries from all the bouncing...blah.

I did a little knitting last night though you would never really be able to tell. Here's a picture of the scarf. I'm half way through the second pattern repeat.

So, in essence, this scarf is half way done now. Everyone keeps saying what lovely shades of green it is. Wish I could see it! Darned red/green colorblindness can be bad when working with a green varigated yarn. I can see yellow in it, so at least I can see a little bit of the color. I still like the yarn though. I'm now a big fan of the Morehouse Farm laceweight. I really want to go impulse buy some of it, but I'm not buying yarn unless I need it. Need and want are two different animals. Anyways...

I think I'll go to sleep at my desk now.

Knit on...

No comments: