Thursday, March 22, 2007

Slogging

That's the only way to describe my knitting last night. I didn't get to knit much because I had to clean the house from top to bottom since the home owners are coming in this afternoon and I have to vacate. Spooky was taken last night to stay with her great-grandparents until I get over there this afternoon after work. I'm sure I will get a few thumps for that. She doesn't like to leave her house very much.

Anyways, after I cleaned and sanitized (figured I should kill any remaining flu virus hanging out around the house) everything, replaced my toothbrush head (Mom, you'd be proud!), and washed every article of clothing that I had yet to take care of, I sat down to knit. It was already 8 by this time, so I didn't have that much time to knit before I needed to go to bed, but I still knit.

No, I slogged. While I like the result of the fiddlehead scarf pattern, the knitting on it has been hurting my wrists some. I think it's the massive amounts of wrapped stitches and having to shove them around on the addis that is aggravating my wrists. I managed to complete two rows on the scarf (a row is like 400 stitches when at the point I'm at in the pattern) before I had to quit from my wrists bugging me. I grabbed my cool pack from the freezer and that helped them some. I think I just knit too much while sick and irritated the wrists from overuse. Anyone like to buy me these from patternworks?

Anyways, I didn't get to SnB yesterday at lunch because of an impromptu lunch section meeting. While I normally don't object eating Thai food on a Wednesday, I do object to missing SnB with Kim and the new people who showed up yesterday and I have yet to meet. Hi, new people! Kim says you're cool!

Better get some work done before I have to go to my class. The mornings are useless for me on class days :oP

Knit on...

No comments: