Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Sock That Fits

I'm really not sure why I am having so hard of a time with this pair of socks and getting them to fit right. After another failed attempt (I did not graft the toe this time at least), I finally got the sock to fit. I was too lazy to take a picture last night, so here's the "I'm in a hurry to get to work on time" sock picture:

I think it's pretty and I really like how soft it is. I would like it better if I hadn't had to rip out the toe decreases two times. It fits snuggly now, but it fits. Hopefully the snugness will not lead to holes. If it does, oh well, it's a sock. It's made to be worn so my feet don't get holes in them.

I tried to mow the lawn last night, but my stupid mower decided it didn't want to start. I was out in my front yard, hawaiian print sleeveless t-shirt and baggy black shorts on, cursing and trying to get the thing to turn over and start. The neighborhood kids were snickering, but that didn't surprise me. I used to get upset about stuff like that, now I just remind myself that I can always pick up a rock and nail them if need be :oP

After the mower fiasco, I went inside and took a shower since I had worked up a sweat trying to get the thing to start. Kroger had some wonderful looking asparagus at the store yesterday, so I picked up a couple of bunches and decided to make one of them last night for dinner. I called Mom and asked her how she cooked the asparagus when I had gone home to visit them, got the recipe and tried it. Bingo, that was the one! It tasted very good and made for a good dinner with the noodles from a few nights ago.

Today is SnB with Kim and come hell or high water, I'll be there for it. Not even curry can keep me from there today! I have a scarf that I want to work on and a second sock to cast on! Anyways, that was yesterday in a nutshell.

Knit on...

No comments: