Friday, January 25, 2008

Catching Up on Pictures

As Erica reminded me in the comments, I left out one of the funnier stories about Wednesday's teaching the kids. The first group that came by was fascinated with the bubbles and one kid looked like he was in awe of it. Well, turns out that wasn't awe on his face, that was nausea and he then proceeded to turn around and hurl more than I thought his little stomach could hold. Poor kid. But anyways, we became known as the booth with the bubbles and the booth where the kid threw up. I quickly got a janitor and the kid sat down for the rest of his trip. I'm just thankful that it didn't start a chain reaction of kids throwing up when they saw that.

Anyways, here's some pictures of the animals I was sitting next to all day:Here is Mr. Loud-arsed Kookaburra who constantly drew the kids' attention away from us. He was a pretty cool bird though and his call was very pretty to hear. I was able to get this one picture until he had enough and started trying to get away.

Then we had a rat kangaroo which is highly endangered apparently. He wanted to hide more than anything.At least he wasn't making any noise. Lastly, there was a spotted python that all the boys wanted to play with:Sorry for the blurry picture. The snake was on the move and rather wanted to be away from the large woman with the flashing camera.

I also have a WW find for anyone who is on it or just wants a very good low-cal snack. They are Kahiki vegetable egg rolls. Only 1 point each. 70 calories, 2g fat, 1g fiber. And they're big full-sized egg rolls. Erica and I found them at Meijer, but I'm not sure where else they might be sold.

Knitting will be up on Monday. I've been lazy and haven't been doing much knitting or crocheting this week. The blanket has grown, but it looks about the same. I'll hopefully work more on it this weekend and will be able to have pictures on Monday.

Knit on...

No comments: