Wednesday, January 09, 2008

It Has Begun

The project that will take me 10 years to complete is now on the needles. The first thing I did when I got home from work and ate some dinner was to separate colors of yarn out on the bed.Terribly dark picture, I apologize, but you get the idea. Lots of similar colors, but different, so I labelled each one as to what color and what color name it was supposed to be for the pattern. Then I cast on the monstrous 332 stitches and knit for about 2 hours and came up with about 1/4 inch of the ribbing done:Did that picture give away what I am knitting? That's right, I have begun to knit Donegal from Alice Starmore's Celtic Collection. This is truly a reminder that I am a glutton for punishment when it comes to crazy detailed sweaters. It'll take me forever to make, but I think it's going to be so gorgeous in the end that I won't care if I'm 40 by the time I get to wear it. The only thing that concerns me is that there are several shades of green in there and I'm green/red colorblind. I made sure to match up the color names and dye lots together and label them really clear on the label, but if they get mixed up, I'll have to call in people who can see what colors they really are.

The sock was stagnant yesterday. It got shoved aside by Donegal.

Knit on...

2 comments:

Ann said...

Yay, Leah! That's going to be gorgeous. I can't wait for show and tell!

Noneofyourbusiness. said...

Holy crap! You are my hero.