Friday, August 31, 2007

An FO and a new WIP

First and foremost, I finished my grandmother's socks yesterday at lunch. Here they are being modeled by her since she has a tiny foot and there was no way I could get them on mine. One of these days I will buy a set of sock blockers just for pictures' sake.She says that she loves them and I'm glad that they actually fit her. The yarn is KnitPicks Dancing in a colorway that I can't remember what it is for the life of me. It's my usual 64 stitch size 1 needles sock. And because I must have a pair of socks on the needles at all times...I started a new pair of Jaywalkers for myself. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Bee Stripe yarn. I think these will be perfect fall colored socks since I'm hoping that fall will get here soon. Have I mentioned that it's been freaking hot? We're beyond just hot, it's been freaking hot.

Oh, and no worries on the Paypal issue from yesterday. My account was still set up for when DF and I had our business website and we had a shipping scale set up, so that's why the odd shipping charges were showing up. I deleted the old shopping cart shipping scale and now there's no problems with it and it's showing up as normal on the Etsy shop (I checked by ordering one of my own skeins and seeing how the payment showed up with another email address).

Today I'm going to work on that fitted tank some. I am making myself finish some projects and I need to get cracking on some Christmas stuff. September first is always the beginning of my Christmas knitting season, so time to start planning what to make. After making 4 sweaters, a few scarves, and some socks and dishcloths last year, I'm thinking this year may be a tad more toned down when it comes to the knitting. Dishcloths for everyone! :oP

Knit on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LEAH!! Its your secret knit swapper person! Talk about taking it down to the last day. Its been a bit crazy.. but alas.. its in the mail... have fun on your vacation! Cant wait to hear all about it.

Knitting Magic Girl said...

Woo-Hoo! I'm looking forward to my virtual vacation!