Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Joys of Cars

So on Friday, I was in a minor traffic accident. Thankfully no one was hurt, but my car was the only one that suffered any damage, which figures. The grill cover, a headlight, and my hood were pretty well crunched, except I couldn't tell about the hood until I got home and tried to pop it. So right now, I'm filing my own complaint over the matter (the person who caused the wreck appears to be uninsured and is probably illegal in this country from what I can tell so far, still waiting on the final report to be put in so I can get my copy) and I'm having to draw out little boxes where cars were because the form says to diagram what happened.

So, I'm trying to get a copy of the report so I can call the insurance company and make my claim. I've got to get the hood fixed and who knows how much that can cost. My car only bluebooks for 700, so I'm thinking that all the damage done has now totalled it, but I'd still like that money in case I can find someone to pop that hood.

My car is a gas-guzzler, but I have never had a better ride in a car. It's a freaking land yacht! That's why I was surprised that it was damaged so much from just a little fender bender. Oh well.

There's my rant for today. I'll be knitting at lunch and tonight, so hopefully I'll have some pictures to show you tomorrow.

Knit on...

No comments: