Friday, September 14, 2007

Let The Fun Begin

I'm back at the office now after my day off yesterday. The funeral and visitation was very nice, but very sad and I was in bed by 7:30 last night because my eyes were tired from the crying and other emotions of the day. After going to the funeral, here are a few random musings:

1. When I die, please do not play sad country or rock songs that will make everyone cry, especially that one song from Vince Gill. I would prefer Barenaked Ladies, Wizard Rock, or other songs that may make people chuckle.

2. When I die, please do not have my visitation for 5 hours. I don't feel that's fair for the people left behind. Personally, I'm probably not going to care anymore.

3. When I die, I would like to be turned into one of those diamonds that they can make from people's ashes. If I wind up in one of my great-grandkid's garage sales, I'll know who to haunt.

OK, enough about the death musings. Funerals generally make me think about morbid things, but at the same time, it would probably help whoever is left to do what I would want. To totally change subjects now, I didn't knit a single stitch yesterday. Matter of fact, my knitting bag is still in the back of my car and I forgot to bring it into work this morning. I may have to run out there on morning break if nothing else. I need to finish that last washcloth, and since I won't have much time to knit this weekend, it might need to be today.

Today begins the meeting from hell. I have to get the talks organized today and tie up the rest of the loose ends. Tomorrow I'll be working one of the workshops here and then Sunday I'll be working just about all day. Joy. Monday and Tuesday I probably won't have internet access. If I do, I'll post something yarny, but if not, then the next post will be on Wednesday.

Have a great weekend and don't work if you can swing it!

Knit on...

3 comments:

Ann said...

I'm sorry yesterday was so hard for you, and I'm sorry for your loss.

You can make it through this conference--I have faith in you!

Zabet said...

My mom wants to do the diamond thing:

http://lifegem.com/

aksunflour said...

my condolences on your family's loss.
the diamond thing cracked me up.

And if you eat to many of those delicious choc. covered macadamia nuts then the dress definitely won't fit!