Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Non-Dishcloth Post

OK, one small part dishcloth post anyways. I'm on the last of the winter dishcloths right now and I'll start the spring ones tonight once I finish the winter one. I'm half-way done with the dishcloths and I'm hoping to be completely done in two weeks. Why the rush? Well, I have one of those major life announcements for everyone. First, though, look what Kim gave me yesterday at lunch SnB:It's a gorgeous sock knitting bag. It's got some pockets on the inside and it's really beautiful. The gold on there actually is metallic, so it looks even better in person. Because I got the bag, I decided I needed some yarn to go with it:Lorna's Laces in the Devon colorway. I love this colorway. It's the same one that is being used for my dragon shawl which is non-existent right now. I had to completely rip it out and start again, and I haven't had the nerve to start it again yet. I'll save that project for the major life announcement.

Last night at SnB, Robyn showed off her new Fumanchu mustache that gets her half price drinks at Coffee Island here in town on Tuesdays (Fumanchusdays to them).The pattern for the knitted Fumanchu is on her blog as well.

OK, I won't put it off anymore. The major life announcement is:

DF has a job offer. We'll be moving there soon. Since I don't have a job offer there at the moment, I'll be waiting until I get one or get my credit cards paid off before heading there. The location? Naju, South Korea. Yep, it's not just a little move, it's a big move. We both have been applying for jobs overseas since this is a way to get paid to travel, plus you can save money a lot easier there than you can here. DF finally got the offer to teach middle school students in the public school system there and if everything goes through with the visa, he'll be taking it and heading over in just a few weeks. I'm applying with recruiters to get a job near Naju or in Naju if anything is open so that we can still see each other on the weekends or more, depending on where I can get a job. We're both really excited about it and I really hope that I can find something too.

I've always wanted to travel. We didn't have a lot of money growing up that we could spend on traveling to new places, so I played softball and traveled all over the state and through different states on the Eastern seaboard. I always enjoyed the traveling and seeing new stuff. I moved out to come up here and then my parents started traveling to Africa, Israel, and the Phillippines :oP I think I might have been an expensive kid to raise :oP I always looked forward to their emails from where they were traveling and now they will be able to get emails from me from where I'm traveling.

Anyways, there's the announcement. It's a major holiday over there right now, so I'm hoping a recruiter will get back to me by the end of the week so that I can get the ball rolling on getting something. More yarny stuff tomorrow :oP

Knit on...

4 comments:

Noneofyourbusiness. said...

Wow, I am speechless. I am happy that you are getting to do something that you want to do so much, and I hope that you'll continue to blog so that we can all see your adventures!

BTW the sock knitting bag and the yarn are both gorgeous! :)

Knitting Magic Girl said...

Nope, can't get rid of the blogging that easy! Brian and I might start up a separate blog for Korean stuff, but I'll keep posting stuff on here too. I even found out that there's a SnB that meets twice a month in Seoul, so I can meet other English speakers at that and still get my yarn fix!

Ann said...

Wow, Leah, that's great! I caught the end of that conversation last night, but someone didn't fully get it. (I'm a little dim sometimes.) What a fantastic opportunity!

Zabet said...

Ah, the old homeland! I can teach you how to say "hey old lady, how much does this cost?" hehehehe

Let me know if my (nearly 20 yrs out of date) experiences in Korea might be helpful. We can got to Han Woo Ri!!